- Topaz Camp
- When Words Weren't Enough
- Museum Project
- Digital Archive
The Topaz Museum, located in Delta, Utah at 55 West Main, is transitioning their exhibit to a permanent display of the history of Topaz.
Hours are Monday through Saturday from 11:00 to 5:00.
The exhibit just dismantled consisted of artwork from Topaz. We also display half of a restored recreation hall, and a typical room for internees at Topaz. (See photos of the building on this website.)
The restored recreation hall was half of the Topaz Boy Scout meeting hall on Block 42. After the camp closed the government sold the barracks to people who turned the structures into houses and farm buildings. This building was purchased by the Eldro Jeffery family and was used as a storage facility until the family donated it to the Museum. It has been restored to its 1943 appearance with untaped sheet rock on the walls, masonite on the floor, and tar paper covering the pine boards on the outside walls.
The Topaz site is open year round. We ask that visitors drive only on the roads and leave all the artifacts in place. There are maps on this website that can be used for self-guided tours or visitors may contact us to make an appointment for a tour. The address of the mile-square camp begins at the corner of 10000 West 4500 North, which is 16 miles outside of Delta, Utah. The monument is located at 10750 West 4500 North.